In my experience buying for men can be rather difficult. This post offers tips and advice and includes ideas to inspire you. Please note that this post does contain affiliate links. For more information about what this means, please click here.
With Father’s day on the way, my thoughts are drawn to what to gift the men in my life. I always seem to find it so much harder to buy for men. I am not sure if it is just me, or if it is a similar problem for most people. It is not just Father’s day, it may be an anniversary present for my husband, male birthdays, and Christmas presents. I always find it difficult.
- Try to think about what hobbies or sports the person enjoys. If they are a passionate football fan, then perhaps something from their team’s store would be well received.
- What is their character like? While we may think that a mug with the face of their grandchild would be a fantastic present, to the man who is not at all sentimental it may not be the best choice.
- Think about past gifts. If you often end up buying the same thing (socks, mug, smellies, etc) then it may be time to change the game plan.
- How about something that would make their lives easier and give them more time to find new hobbies? This may be a good choice for the man with no real interests or hobbies who says they don’t know what they want or tells you not to worry about getting them anything.
- Try and put yourself in their shoes. While a pool cue may not seem like a very exciting gift to us, to the man who loves a game of pool and goes regularly to play, it will mean a lot.
- How about an experience or day out? While these can be rather pricey, perhaps you could make your own voucher and put together something special for less money.
Ideas to inspire!
Hopefully, you have found some of the advice and ideas useful in this guide for buying men gifts. Please do let me know your thoughts.