|Courtesy of dreamstime.|
Welcome to themed family fun – outer space!
This week we have made outer space pictures and model rockets.
Outer space pictures.
For this we simply used chalk on black paper to draw pictures of planets and stars and we smudged some of the stars to make them look twinkly. We then used some star and space stickers which I brought from a craft shop to finish them off.
For this you need; * Empty toilet roll.
* Tissue paper.
* Cello tape.
* Felt tip pens.
To make your own rocket;
1) Wrap the toilet roll in tissue paper and secure with tape. Tuck the ends inside the roll using more tape to keep it in place.
2) Draw a circle on the card by drawing round a small plate or with a pair of compasses. Colour in the cone or decorate with patterns.
3) Cut a line into the center of the circle so that you can make the circle into a cone and secure with tape.
4) Wrap the ribbon around the toilet roll and tape in place so you have two lines of ribbon going around.
5) Use some more tape to secure the cone on top of the toilet roll and you now have a rocket.
6) Finally cut some strips of orange and yellow tissue and tape to the bottom of the rocket for the flames.
If you have joined in with this weeks theme then I would love for you to link up below.
For more information on the themed family fun linky and to get my badge please see the section at the top of this page.
Don’t forget to come back on Monday to find out the next theme!