If you have been inspired by this weeks theme then I would love for you to link up your posts on the linky at the bottom of this post. For more information on the themed family fun linky, please take a look at the page at the top of my blog.
Thanks so much to my two lovely linkers from last week, so nice to have your support as this linky is taking longer then I anticipated to attract linkers.
We started by trying to make some some choux buns or profiteroles as we would normally call them. This did not work out for us at all as they didn’t rise. Now I’m not normally one for blaming the recipe but I am not sure if there was a misprint or something as we followed the recipe to the letter and nothing seemed to go right all the way through!
They were so flat, we had absolutely no hope of filling them with cream so we ate them as they were and if I’m honest they did not taste very good as they were so bland, but Faith still enjoyed eating them.
Now, I am not one that likes to be beaten so I found a recipe for some chocolate macaroons and we had a go at them instead. They turned out really well and were loved by the whole family so I have a feeling that we will be making them again really soon.
Here is the recipe that I used.
* 3 egg whites.
* 180g icing sugar.
* 120g ground almonds.
* 15g cocoa powder.
2) In a separate bowl add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until stiff.
3) Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites and gently mix until smooth.
4) Use a piping bag or spoon to make circles of the mixture on a lined tray. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
5) Bake in the centre of a preheated oven and bake for 13 minutes at 150.
6) Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the tray and sandwiching them together.
You can fill them with chocolate icing like we did or make a filling of chocolate cream by mixing together double cream and melted chocolate.
Don’t forget to come back on Monday and see the next theme!