Welcome to blue week!
This week we decided to make some biscuits and decorate them with blue icing and sugar decorations as we didn’t have very much time and thinking of something inspired by the colour blue was much harder then I had anticipated!
As you can see in my photo, we tried to colour the dough blue but it ended up green for some unknown reason and then when they came out of the oven they were back to being white! Faith found this hilarious and thought that we had made magic biscuits!
Most children love to decorate biscuits so if you wanted to make things easier you could just buy some plain biscuits and get the children to decorate them but if you wanted to make your own with your children I have added the recipe to these really simple biscuits.
200g Stork or similar.
200g Caster sugar.
1 tsp Vanilla essence.
400g Plain flour.
1) Mix together the butter and sugar and then stir in the Vanilla.
2) Mix in the egg.
3) Add the flour and mix into a dough.
4) Wrap in cling-film and chill for an hour.
5) Roll out dough and cut out your biscuit shapes and place on a baking tray.
6) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 for 12 – 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
7) Cool on a wire rack and then decorate as you wish.
If you have been inspired by this weeks theme then I would love for you to link up at the bottom of this post.
For more information on themed family fun, take a look at the page at the top of the blog.
Don’t forget to come back on Monday to see the next theme!