This is such a fun and easy recipe to make some beautiful homemade strawberry lemonade. It is the perfect summer drink for the garden but of course, you can make and it at any time, not just in summer! Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. For more information about what this means, please click here.
- 8 small lemons or 4 large ones.
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 300g granulated sugar
- 1 litre of carbonated water (for the fizz!)
- 500ml still water (from the tap is fine!)
- Ice cubes to serve
- In a saucepan add the sugar and the still water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the water is boiling. Set to one side to cool to room temperature.
- Squeeze the lemons, collecting the juice into a jug.
- Take the strawberries and remove the stems. Then mash the strawberries with a fork or use a blender to puree. Put through a sieve to reduce seeds going into the drink.
- Mix the strawberries with the lemon juice and then mix in the cooled sugar water.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Then add the fizzy water and some ice cubes.
Top tips for making strawberry lemonade
- If you are not a fan of carbonated water, just use all still water instead.
- If you want to drink it straight away, make sure you refrigerate it for at least an hour before adding the fizzy water and ice.
- If you want to make it the day before you need it, keep the lemon juice in one covered jug. The strawberries in another and the sugar water in another in the fridge. Then combine when you are ready to serve. The reason for doing this is that we found if we left the made drink overnight it would lose its taste and the consistency changed to jelly.