We recently took a trip to Birmingham to visit the world’s biggest Primark. Now I know that Primark is not for everyone, however when you are on a super low income and love to shop then Primark is a dream come true! Ever since I heard about the store opening in Birmingham with five floors and a Disney cafe I and my oldest daughter knew that we wanted to visit. As we were heading to Manchester to take Lauren on the Coronation street tour as a birthday present we thought that it would be the perfect time to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
So we stayed overnight in Manchester after the Corrie tour and then stopped off at Primark in Birmingham on the way home. As it was a Sunday it was only open from 11 am to 5 pm. Now six hours may sound like a long time but actually you could have easily spent double the time there and we have decided that when we go back (as we will definitely be returning someday!) we will be going on a day when they open from 8 am to 11 pm!
Inside the store!
We had the best time and could not believe how many choices there were in each department. Here is a rundown of what is available in this one store.
- So much space. The men’s department was bigger than the whole of our Primark in our town!
- 5 floors with lots of signs for lifts and escalators.
- Toilets which were not brilliant but they were clean which is the main thing!
- Three different cafes, one of which was a Disney cafe
- Sitting on all floors with plugs to recharge your phones (This was my husbands favourite part of the day!).
- Beauty salon.
- Character areas. There was a whole area dedicated to Harry Potter and another dedicated to Disney.
I wish I lived in Birmingham so that it was our local store! Of course, if we were local then we wouldn’t have to spend a whole day there. We could pop in whenever we liked! I made a video showing the inside of the store if you have not yet had a chance to visit and it also shows my small haul of shopping. If I had the money I could have brought so much more!