Using positive affirmations is something that I read a lot about over the years, but have only really put into place over the last year or two.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself several times a day. They work on the premise that if your brain hears a statement enough times, it will start to believe it. Therefore people tend to pick statements that they feel applies to them and will benefit how they see themselves and live their life.
For example, if you feel very confident in most everyday situations, there would be no point using an affirmation such as ‘I am a strong confident woman’ as your brain already recognises that.
Do they work?
In my opinion, yes they do if you are consistent with saying them out loud to yourself several times a day. They will not magically fix everything, but when teamed with other tools to gain confidence or feel happier then they can really make a difference. They have certainly helped me gain confidence.
Open your mind
There seems to be a socially accepted opinion that people who believe in using affirmations act and dress in a certain way. Often betrayed in the media as being young and high on drugs or being older and highly new age. This can put people off from giving things like this a go but you do not need to be stereotyped by anyone.
If you happen to be young or highly into new-age living then that is absolutely fine but if you are not, then just because you start using affirmations it does not pigeon hole you into a certain social group. Do not let the fear of being judged stop you from giving this a go.
Here are some affirmations that you could start using today. You could pick some from the list or make up your own.
To help with confidence
- I am a strong confident woman.
- I radiate confidence no matter what life throws my way
- Confidence flows through my body
- I am anxiety free
- I can and I will
- My confidence grows each and every day
- I am confident and can easily talk to anyone
To help with self-esteem
- I am beautiful, inside and out
- I deserve to feel loved
- My beauty shines bright every day
- I love the person who I am becoming
- I am enough
- No longer will I apologise for being myself
To help you achieve
- I am talented and smart
- I will succeed
- My hopes and dreams will become my reality
- I believe in myself and the work that I do
- I attract opportunities
- My thoughts and opinions are valuable and deserve to be heard.
To help with relationships
- I am a magnet for amazing friendships
- I deserve to be treated with respect
- My heart is open to finding love
- I am a good, loyal friend.
- I am a wonderful, loving wife/partner/husband
- People are lucky to have me in their lives
- My positivity attracts positivity
I hope that you can see the benefit of applying positive affirmations to your everyday life. They are definitely worth having a go as you have nothing to lose and you never know, they may well make the world of difference to how you feel.