I love to bake and I adore the combination of peanut butter and chocolate! With Chloe’s 15th birthday coming up, I thought that I would make some peanut butter chocolate brownies, as I know that they are one of Chloe’s favourite cakes that I bake. The recipe is quite naughty but everyone deserves a treat now and again!
* 225g crunchy peanut butter.
* 200g chocolate.
* 280g soft light brown sugar.
* 3 eggs.
* 100g self-raising flour.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 and line a baking tin.
2) Gently melt the sugar with 175g of the peanut butter and 150g of the chocolate in a saucepan.
3) Turn off the heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in the eggs one at a time.
4) Stir in the flour and then tip into the baking tin.
5) Melt the rest of the peanut butter and then drizzle over the brownie mix.
6) Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until it has a crust but the middle still seems ever so lightly uncooked.
7) Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top.
8) Cool in the tin and then remove from tin and cut into large squares.
This recipe should make about 18 brownies.