This post contains affiliate links which means that should you choose to click the link and make a purchase, I may receive compensation at no extra cost to you. I include affiliate links in some of my posts to help me keep the blog going. I only link to things that I personally think are good products or offers.
Christmas can be stressful as there is a lot to think about and it can get overwhelming. There are some simple things that you can do to take away some of the stress and worry. Here are my top tips for an organised Christmas!
- Keep all of your wrapping supplies (scissors, tape, bows, ribbon, gift tags, bags and wrap) in a bag or box clearly labelled. That way you always know where they are when you need them.
- Write a list of things that you still have to do. Divide them by the amount of weeks/days until Christmas and delegate where you can.
- If you find it hard to decide what to buy people or are short of time then you could use a theme to help you. For example, one year you buy everyone jewellery. Or you could buy everyone clothing or everyone food gifts.
- Buy a supply of batteries now, especially if you have kids!
- Write yourself a timeline of when things need to be cooked or prepped for your Christmas dinner. Work backwards from the time you would like to be sat down and tucking in.
- Be realistic about what you can achieve in terms of how much time and money you have. Just do the best you can and let the rest go!
- Wrap gifts in groups of where they are going so that you can keep the gifts organised. Nothing worse than getting muddled up with who is having what.
- Have a couple of wrapped generic gifts such as a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine in case any neighbours unexpectedly pop round bearing gifts! You can quickly write their name on the blank tag when you ‘go to grab their present from upstairs’. It will save any embarrassment or hurt feelings. If you do not end up having to give them to anyone then you have a nice little treat to reward yourselves for all of the hard work that you have done for Christmas!
- If you have upcoming parties or events then pick out your outfits and any accessories and hang them all together. Pop a sticky label on the coat hanger saying which event it is for at least two weeks before you need it. That way, you know exactly what you are wearing any you have time to buy or fix anything needed to complete the outfit.
- Keep a folder for adding notes of things that you would like to do but can not afford. Or things that you do not have the time for this year. When you pack your Christmas things away, tape the folder to the outside of the box. It will be ready for you next year to help you do it all again!
If you have any good tips for an organised Christmas which I have not got here, then I would love to hear them! If you leave them in the comments then they will help others too.