** This post may contain affiliate links which means that should you click on them and make a purchase then I would receive a small commission at no extra cost to you **
What you need:
- An empty cereal box
- Glue or tape
- Glue gun
- Tin foil
- Tissue paper
- Paint and brushes
- Small pebbles
- String or ribbon
- Pencil and ruler
- Gel pens or coloured ball point pens
- Draw a large rectangle on the box and cut out. Keep the card rectangle for later.
- Tape or glue the open ends of the box shut.
- Paint the inside of the aquarium blue for the water or sea.
- Paint the outside of your box in a colour of your choice. Faith chose light purple.
- While the aquarium is drying, make your fish. Using the rectangle of card from earlier draw some fish shapes and cut them out.
- Wrap the fish in foil and then use the pens to decorate the fish.
7. Attach some string or ribbon to the back of each fish. I would recommend using a glue gun for this as they are heavy and kept falling off when we were using tape and normal glue.
8. Once your cardboard aquarium is dry, you can place some shredded tissue paper, pebbles and small seashells inside the aquarium.
9. Use the glue gun to glue the ribbon fish to inside the top of the box so that they are hanging down and appear to be ‘swimming’.
10. Finally decorate the outside of the box with some seashells. Again, we used a glue gun to do this.
All done, nice and simple. What do you think? As always, I love to hear from you so comment below, drop me an email or connect with me on social media.