Please note that this ‘for mum’ post contains affiliate links. This post was last updated March 2022
With Mothers Day just around the corner, I thought that I would share some gift ideas. These would be suitable for any occasion that you would like to treat your mum though, not just Mother’s Day.
For the avid reader.
1. A book subscription could be a good idea for a mum that loves to read. Buyagift have a three-month subscription to the How Novel Book Club where you can choose a mystery book each month and chat with like-minded readers about the plot.
2. These t-shirts from an Etsy seller are fantastic for the book mad mum. They come in a variety of sizes and colours and make a really unique Mother’s Day gift.
3. Another Etsy find is this book storage solution. Great for the mum that always has a pile of books by their bed ready to read. It is available in cream or the navy and cream pictured.
4. Another good choice for book-loving mums is a new book which they have not read before. Pivotal (gifted) by Nikki Vallance is based on four seemingly unconnected women and the impact of a life-changing decision. The story unfolds as the women look back at their lives and the choices that they have made with the help of a hypnotherapist. Brilliantly written, Pivotal is a finalist in the 2019/20 people’s book prize for best fiction.
5. These bags are so unique, such a clever idea. The seller has an assortment of classic books to chose from. This is brilliant if your mum has a favourite author or classic novel.
6. Bookmarks are so much more than a piece of card from times gone by. I love these feather bookmarks, they are beautiful and sure to keep an avid reader happy.
7. The book lockets are exceptional. Not only do they look like a book which you can add an engraved initial onto, they also have two photographs inside and a paper message. A fantastic piece of jewellery for a mum who loves to read.
8. These reading journals come in a choice of five covers and are brilliant. They have pages for recording what you thought about what you have read, challenges, pages to list what you want to read and so much more. Great for a book-loving mum.
For the foodie mum
9. Ladies who love spending time in the kitchen are sure to be happy with a stand for their recipe books or tablet to help them whip up all sorts of yummy delights. This metal cookbook stand from Amazon is available in a variety of colours.
10. A great idea for those who are passionate about cooking is a cooking class. Buyagift have a range of different options across the county. If you get a class for two then you could even join your mum and enjoy quality time together while learning new skills.
11. Afternoon tea experiences have become very popular in recent years. Buyagift have a number of different options to choose from including ones that have prosecco instead of tea! Perfect for the mum who likes her fizz!
12. A hamper can be a great choice for food-loving mums and Hampers.com have an incredible range to choose from.
For the stationary addicted mum.
13. Perfect for the mum who likes to stay organised, this pack away desk from Paperchase will keep them happy. Space for notepads, pens and stationery, it can be closed into a box and taken out whenever you need it.
14. I found some beautiful stationery hampers on Etsy like the one pictured above. That is sure to make a planner addict smile!
15. If your mum likes to plan and set goals then this undated 12-month Legend planner is perfect. I have one myself and it is very good at keeping you focused on your goals.
16. This Mrs Hinch Life in lists book is perfect for anyone that is a fan of Mrs Hinch or generally just a fan of making lists. It is currently available on Amazon at a bargain price.
For the glam yummy mummy.
17. What mum wouldn’t love to spend a day at a spa relaxing and replenishing her energy? Buyagift have a good selection of offers at spas across the county and is well worth a look if your budget allows and you really want to treat your mum.
18. For the glamorous mother, you can not go wrong with her favourite designer perfume, even better if it is available in a gift set. If your mum does not have a favourite then why not treat her to a gift set with a selection of miniatures so she can see what she likes best.
19. I once attended a bloggers event at my local body shop and I got to try the British rose body cream. It has a beautiful scent that any rose lover would enjoy. This gift set from the body shop would make a lovely present but they also have a great selection available in different ranges.
20. If your mum likes Pandora then this Pandora charm is such a perfect present for your mum. It is beautiful and really sweet. If charm bracelets are not your mum’s favourite then they have a great selection of other items in their mother’s day range too so it is well worth a look.
For the sentimental mum
21. These beautiful daisy necklaces open up to reveal a hidden message. There are a variety of messages to choose from and they can be personalised with names. A great choice for the sentimental mum.
22. Another personalised option from Etsy. These frames not only look stylish but also have lovely words that will mean so much to your mum.
23. A different type of personalised frame from ‘made with love and sparkle’ and just as sentimental. Again it can be personalised with the names in your family.
24. If your mum loves candles then she will adore this lovely candle that I found on Etsy with such lovely sentiment.
For the pet-loving mother
25. If your mother is as crazy about her fur babies as I am, then she would be over the moon with this beautiful necklace from her little pooch.
26. This bedding set from Studio is amazing! Dachshunds are so popular of late and I can see why!
27. Cat lovers will love these fun cat-themed socks. They are so cute and perfect for adding some subtle fun to your work clothes!
28. These dog mum pyjamas from Asda are fabulous and such good value in a good range of sizes.
29. This rattan effect sausage dog from Asda is beyond cute! Sure to put a smile on a dog mama.
30. These are the most adorable candles I have ever seen! Too good to light! They are a fab gift idea for your dog-loving mums.
31. This super cute doggy mug is a fantastic gift for mum. It is even dishwasher safe so no washing up!
32. Finally we finish the guide with the perfect scarf for the mum who loves her cats. Also available in teal, it is sure to make your mum smile.
I hope that this post has given you some inspiration for treating your mum to some lovely presents whether that is for mothers day, birthday, Christmas or just because.