Sometimes it can be hard to think of what to talk about at the dinner table, especially if you have a job where not much happens or the kids answer how was school with ‘fine’, end of conversation. It can also be a stressful time with lots of bickering if minds are not kept occupied while sitting at the table. That is why I made some conversation cards with prompts for things to talk about.
Some are fun, some are more serious and some are sure to get people thinking! I have made 27 conversation cards which are suitable for families although if you have young children then you may need to explain a couple of them.
What to do.
Explain that you are going to be using a conversation card each night (week or however often you like) and that a few rules need to be set. You can set any rules you like but here are ours to give you an idea.
- Each time we do it, a new person picks out the card. (we have them in a bag so it is pot luck).
- The person who picked out the card, reads it out to everyone and then gives their thoughts.
- The next person going clockwise then has their say and so on.
- Everyone is to be listened too and there are no wrong answers.
- No one is to be interrupted or made fun of.
- Once everyone has been heard then any debate or extra things that people want to say can be said.
It is a lot of fun and surprising where the topics can take the conversation. Faith wanted to do them all in one night! We are going to do two a week to start with and see how we get on.
Print them off or make your own
If you would like to print off the ones which I made then just pop over to my freebie library where you can find all 27 on three sheets of paper. Then print and cut them out.
If you have not been in my freebie library before you will need a password. Just sign up to my newsletter below and you will be sent the password. You are of course free to unsubscribe at any time.
I hope you find them lots of fun and I would love to know what you think if you use them. I always love to hear from you.