I am taking part in the #MeatMatters challenge, where we were asked to create a family meal using lamb or beef which can be cooked in under 30 minutes.
I chose to create a beef meal as beef is rich in protein and is also a source of iron which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue. It is also really tasty and a firm favourite with both my husband and my 11-year-old!
Being a busy mum who works part-time, blogs and homeschools, I need quick and easy meals which the whole family will enjoy.
So here is my recipe for quick and easy beef tortelloni
- 500g beef mince
- A packet of fresh cheese and ham tortelloni
- chopped peppers
- diced onion
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pack of cherry tomatoes
- Dry fry the mince beef in a large pan.
- Drain any excess fat and then add the onion and peppers and cook until softened but not coloured.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and grill.
- Mix the pasta into the beef mixture and serve.
- Scatter the grilled tomatoes to finish.
Extra tips and ideas!
- Using frozen peppers and onions reduces prep time and reduces waste as you do not need to throw any away.
- ‘Dry fry’ is when you brown the mince at a high temperature without adding any oil as the mince quickly releases its own fat.
- Tortelloni can be purchased in any supermarket and comes in a variety of different fillings.
- If you add kidney beans and chilli powder to the beef mixture instead of the tortelloni, then you will have a great chilli. You could double the amount and then you have two different meals, giving you a night off cooking!
This post is an entry for the #MeatMatters Challenge, sponsored by Simply Beef and Lamb. Learn more about the benefits of cooking and eating beef and lamb along with recipe ideas and inspiration here: https://www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk/