Chilli beef pancakes are a great dinner to have on pancake day or any day you like as it is a lovely low cost dinner to have if you are feeding your family on a budget.
250g beef mince.
Onion – chopped.
Pepper (any colour of your choice) – deseeded and chopped.
A tin of chopped tomatoes.
A tin of red kidney beans.
A tin of baked beans.
1 – 2 tsps. of chilli powder (I use mild but you can use whichever strength you like.)
150g plain flour.
400ml of milk.
Cheese – grated to serve.
1. Dry fry the mince and onions to brown and then drain away the excess fat.
2. Add the kidney beans, baked beans, chopped tomatoes, chopped pepper and chilli powder.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make the pancakes.
– Put the flour and the eggs into a bowl.
– Add half the milk and mix with an electric whisk.
– Add the rest of the milk and mix again.
– Fry the pancakes making them a little thicker then normal pancakes – it normally makes between 8 and 10 pancakes and put the pancakes on a serving plate.
Dish up the chilli and pancakes along with the cheese and let everyone serve themselves.