Chilli beef pancakes are a great dinner to have on pancake day. Often people do not think of pancakes as a main meal but with this recipe you can enjoy a great family dinner on pancake day.
You could actually have them on any day you like as it is a lovely low cost dinner to have if you are feeding your family on a budget.
- 250g beef mince.
- Onion – chopped.
- Pepper (any colour of your choice) – deseeded and chopped.
- A tin of chopped tomatoes.
- A tin of red kidney beans.
- A tin of baked beans.
- 1 – 2 tsps of chilli powder (I use mild but you can use whichever strength you like.)
- 150g plain flour.
- 4 eggs.
- 400ml of milk.
Cheese – grated to serve.
1. Dry fry the mince and onions to brown and then drain away the excess fat.
2. Add the kidney beans, baked beans, chopped tomatoes, chopped pepper and chilli powder.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make the pancakes.
- Put the flour and the eggs into a bowl.
- Add half the milk and mix with an electric whisk.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix again.
Fry the pancakes making them a little thicker than normal pancakes. It normally makes between 8 and 10 pancakes. Put the pancakes on a serving plate and keep warm.
Dish up the chilli and pancakes along with the cheese and let everyone serve themselves.
Let me know if you make these chilli beef pancakes and what you think. I always love to hear from you.